Rules of automation can help you perform certain marketing actions based on pre-defined criteria.
With Smarketly, you can create a new automation rule in under 10 minutes. Here is how you can do it.
Creating a new automation rule
To create a new automation rule, go to Automation > Rules.
Click on the "Create New Rule" in a new window.
Choose a name for your automation rule that will be used for internal purposes only. Click "Next" to continue to the next step.
Select trigger to invoke an action when the specified conditions are met by clicking "Add New Trigger".
Then select an integration for the trigger by clicking on the relevant icon in the Catalog.
- Configure the trigger by choosing the available options in the drop-down menu in a new window. Click "Next" to continue to the next step.
- Preview the trigger, and in case you want to edit it, go back to the previous steps using the breadcrumbs at the top of the page.
- If everything is correct, click "Save & Continue".
- Specify the audience this rule will be applied to by adding special filters. Click the "Add New Filter" to continue.
- Select an integration of the filter. Click "Next" to continue to the next step.
- In a new window, choose a segment and click "Next" to continue.
- Check out whether the filter is correct and click on "Save & Continue".
- Create a new action and an integration that will perform it once a rule is triggered by clicking "Add New Action".
- Select an integration your action will be based on.
- Choose one of the options of actions from the drop-down menu in a new window and hit the "Next" button.
- Check whether everything looks right in the settings and, if you are all click the "Activate" button.
- You can access all your automation rules in one table under the Automation > Rules. Remember to analyze the data and optimize your automation rules accordingly. In this table, you can edit, duplicate or delete a particular rule and check out each rule's status.