Nurture leads by delivering them a series of automated messages that build up the consumer-brand relationship.
1. Go to Campaigns → Emails → Sequence Emails to start setting up your email sequence.
2. You will be taken to an area where you can see all of your existing email sequences.
Click "Create New Sequence" to continue or click "Edit" to start the automation process with an existing email sequence.
3. In the next window, you have to fill out the information about your email sequence, such as its name, "From" name and "From" email address.
Click "Next" to continue.
4. Now you need to start adding emails into your sequence campaign.
Click "Add New Email" to access email setup.
5. In the next window, you have to fill out the information about your email, such as email name and subject line.
Once you're done, click "Next".
6. Next, you need to either select a ready-made email template to use (manually search in the search field or scroll down to view all options) or hit "Blank Template" and create a new one in the Drag and Drop Builder.
You can also click "My Emails" to see all of your existing emails.
In this case, click "Blank Template" and create your email.
Related article: Creating an email in the Drag and Drop Builder
7. In the Trigger section, you need to choose a provider, a trigger and configure the trigger that will send out your email.
You can choose Shopify as the provider and then select a trigger from the following options:
- New Cancelled Order
- New Purchase
- New Abandoned Cart
- New Paid Order
- Order Updated
- New Checkout Created
- New Customer Added
- New Product Added
So, if someone abandoned a product in the shopping cart on your Shopify store, you can send out an email to such customers in one go.
Another option is to choose Smarketly mailer as the provider and then select a trigger from the following options:
- Email opened
- Email clicked
- Email sent
- List joined
- List left
Then select an email or a list from the drop-down menu depending on your trigger selection.
So, if you first send out an email that is triggered from Shopify, you can then use that email as a trigger.
For example, you sent an Abandoned Cart email when someone left an item in the cart on Shopify. Then you want to send them a follow-up email.
Select Smarketly mailer, choose "Email opened" as the trigger, and then select the Abandoned Cart email.
10. You will then be taken back to the email sequence page. You can create a sequence consisting of as many emails as you'd like.
Just click "Add New Email" and repeat the process until you have all the emails you need for your drip email marketing campaign.
You can also re-arrange emails manually by using the drag controls, as well as Edit, Preview and Delete each email from the sequence.
When everything is ready, click "Launch the sequence".
Later on, you will be able to find this sequence under Campaigns → Emails → Sequence Emails.