The Google Tag Manager enables you to centrally manage and publish codes used for displaying ads and tracking online visitor behavior.
You'll only need to do this once, and once your code is installed you'll never need to update it and it will work for every popup you create.
1. Go to your Smarketly account, select a popup and get to the "Publish" step.
Copy the popup embedded code by clicking on the "Copy to clipboard" button.
Then click on "Publish".
2. Log into your Google Tag Manager account → “New Tag” or “Add a New Tag”.
3. Click on the “Choose a tag type to begin setup...” icon.
4. Select “Custom HTML” from the “Choose tag type” menu.
5. Rename your custom HTML, paste the embedded code into the Tag Configuration HTML field and click on “Save”.
6. Scroll down and click on the “Choose a trigger to make this tag fire...” icon to set your trigger.
7. Click on “All Pages” to choose a trigger for all pages. Click the “+” button to create a custom trigger.
8. If you decide to choose a trigger for all pages, click on “Save” to save your changes.
9. If you decide to create a custom trigger, click on “Choose a trigger type to begin setup…”, choose your custom trigger type, and click on “Save”.
10. Finally, click on “Tags” from the menu on the left-hand side to see your new tag, and click “Publish” to publish it.